The THUNDERBOLT Orbit™ all-in-one solution is a literal revolution for cone crusher mantle liner change outs. By delivering high-velocity blows from a THUNDERBOLT Recoilless Hammer, it releases worn mantle nuts, and secures replacements, swiftly and easily.
The THUNDERBOLT Orbit eliminates the need for human force using rudimentary battering rams and spanners, and represents the industry’s fastest and safest method for mantle nut removal and tensioning.
- Reduces crusher circuit downtime and improves maintenance predictability
- Eliminates dangerous practices, removes operators from risk, improves HSE and ESG compliance
- Prevents damage to equipment and protects asset integrity
- Expands THUNDERBOLT Recoilless Hammer asset utilisation and versatility
- Minimises maintenance operational requirements and labour cost
- Improves operational efficiency and safety
- Higher crusher availability, throughput and profitability
- Fully-integrated, all-in-one solution for a cone crusher’s mantle nut removal and installation
- Purpose-built to work with the THUNDERBOLT Recoilless Hammer range
- Leverage THUNDERBOLT Hammer selectable strike energy, up to 2000 joules*, and firing rates up to 160 blows^ per minute, for different site conditions, precision, safety and control
- Transfer THUNDERBOLT Hammers between grinding mills and cone crushers for increased versatility and asset utilisation
- Safe and secure THUNDERBOLT Hammer suspension
- Incredibly high-strength torque arm and mantle nut interface adapter plate
- Integrated counterweight balancers for stability and optimal loosening/tensioning efficiency
- Moil bracket for safe, optimised-Hammer firing alignment
- Transport frame with forklift tyne pockets and crane lifting lugs for onsite portability
- Fasteners and fixers for safe and secure storage between use
* THUNDERBOLT MAGNUM 2000 Recoilless Hammer
^ THUNDERBOLT MAGNUM 1000 Recoilless Hammer
- Precision-engineered in a range of common sizes for faster, safer cone crusher mantle nut removal and tensioning
- Customer use has demonstrated reductions in mantle nut installation from an average of three to four hours down to approximately 15-20 minutes (times will vary depending on site conditions)
- Available as a ready to use, all-in-one solution or add-on for existing THUNDERBOLT Recoilless Hammer(s) already on site
To download this information on the THUNDERBOLT Orbit, please click here.
If you would like to talk to someone about THUNDERBOLT Orbit, please click here.
"The toughest maintenance tasks demand capable technologies that handle the conditions safely. The THUNDERBOLT Orbit is a clever combination of the industry’s most powerful and reliable hydraulic recoilless Hammer and a purpose-built mantle nut torquing technology. It delivers a step-change to the way operations manipulate crusher mantle nuts – with vastly improved speed and safety."
THUNDERBOLT Product Manager, RUSSELL MINERAL EQUIPMENT